Year 6 - Berlin 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Year 6/Berlin class
Year 6 team: Mr Dudley, Mrs White, Miss Burns, Miss Cochrane and Mrs Hall
Hi Berlin class!
We hope you have a restful and wonderful Christmas break and look forward to seeing you all in January.
Here are a few highlights for the term to come:
- The title for our new topic in the spring term is 'What did the Victorians do for us?'. In this topic we will explore the Industrial Revolution and what it was like to be a child in Victorian times.
- All that we do in this term will lead towards the big reward at the end of the term which is our Robinwood adventure! You will have the opportunity to spend much more quality time with your friends, build new skills and have fun!
Our homework structure will change to CGP revision books.
- SPAG handed out on Monday and returned on Wednesday every week.
- Maths (arithmetic and reasoning/2 books) handed out Wednesday and returned on Friday.
- Reading handed out on Friday and returned on Monday.
Continued daily reading (15 minutes a day) of good fiction remains of the highest importance!
In order to get a head start on the new term, please read our Year 6 Newsletter for the spring term. All key information and learning is included in the letter in the files below.
Our P.E. days are Wednesday and Friday and all children must have appropriate kit for these days. A list for kit can be seen on the files below and it is good preparation for high school for all Year 6 children to be responsible for their kit.
Useful links to support learning further
Wonderful books that Year 6 children love!
A wonderful page for all things Maya Civilisation.
X table revision
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. This time of year for Year 6 children is challenging but also hugely rewarding and exciting. We will do all we can to ensure your child has an end to primary school life that they will remember forever!
Files to Download
Year 6 - Berlin: News items
Year 6 - Berlin: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6 - Berlin: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display